Rules of Travel
Our Expectations from Our Passengers
Aiming to provide public transportation services at the quality and standards specified in the Passenger Rights Charter, Metro Istanbul expects passengers using urban rail systems to consider the following warnings in order to achieve this goal.
• All passengers are subject to a fee, except for children under 6 years of age and passengers whose free pass is determined by the relevant law. Passengers should use electronic tickets or cards during their travels, and show their travel cards to the staff when necessary. It should be kept in mind that in the case of personal cards (blue card, discount, free, student, etc.) used by third parties, the officials have the authority to confiscate the card.
• Care should be taken to keep stations and vehicles clean.
• In accordance with the 4207 Numbered Law, tobacco, tobacco products and devices imitating tobacco should not be used in public transportation vehicles, stations and their waiting areas.
• Officials and other passengers should be treated responsibly and respectfully, not talking loudly, and music players should not be heard loudly in a way that disturbs other passengers.
• Playing / performing live music within station areas and vehicles is subject to permission.
• Commercial and educational photography at stations and vehicles is subject to permission.
• Public transportation vehicles should not be used with flammable, explosive and combustible substances.
• Any damage to the station and vehicles or the need for urgent cleaning should be reported to the driver or officer.
• Public transport vehicles should not be used with loads more than 30 kg or larger than 120x50x60 cm.
• In emergency situations (suspicious package, emergency health problem, falling on the rail track etc.) that may be encountered at stations and stops, the closest officer should be informed. In such cases, intercoms at stations and vehicles can be used, or security guards and station chiefs can be consulted.
• In emergency situations that may be encountered at the station and train (fire, suspicious package, falling on the rail track, health problems, sabotage, harassment, assault etc.), it is necessary to notify the nearest officer directly or with the help of intercom and follow the announcements / directions made by the officers without panic.
• Emergency response equipment (fire extinguisher, train emergency stop button, fire alarm button) in the vehicle or at the stations should be used in emergencies that may be encountered at the station and train.
• Unauthorised entries should not be made to the rail system stations, passenger entries must be made from designated control points. It is strictly forbidden to enter the areas marked with "no entry" sign. For your safety at platforms and stations, do not cross the yellow line and do not land on the rail track.
• Our passengers can travel with their foldable bicycles during operating hours and passengers with non-folding bicycles can travel in the last car of the train except peak hours (07.00-09.00 / 17.00-20.00) without paying an extra charge.
• Do not travel with skates, skateboards and similar vehicles inside the station areas and vehicles.
• It is possible to travel with animals that meet the following criteria at stations and vehicles:
o Guide dogs accompanying the visually impaired passengers,
o Small cage animals provided that they are carried in cages.
o Predators, poisonous animals, reptile species and bird species that can be used as game animals that may harm other passengers when released in any way are excluded from this scope and are not accepted into the system.
o It is not possible to travel with dogs that are too large to fit in the cage.
• Accompanying persons of the animals that are accepted into stations and vehicles in accordance with these rules are responsible for these animals. It should not be forgotten that these people will be held responsible for any behaviour that may disrupt the business by getting free of the cage or the control of the owner and endangering the safety and security measures.