İstanbul Ulaşım A.Ş. Charter of Passenger Rights
Enhancing service quality in public transport services can be mainly achieved through customer orientation, which is the most central element in public transport. The Charter of Passenger Rights, which has been prepared to this end, offers a significant opportunity to further strengthen the communication between Istanbul Ulasim A.S. and its passengers.
In order to enhance the quality of services rendered to customers, public transport operators aim to adopt the notion of an integrated public transport. Furthermore, in materializing such aim, it is of crucial importance to come to a mutual understanding with regard to sharing and regularly supervising responsibilities.
Charter of Passenger Rights for Passenger-Oriented Operation
Charter of Passenger Rights is a voluntary initiative by Istanbul Ulasim A.S., and is intended to enhance service quality by meeting passenger needs and expectations in the most proper way. Istanbul Ulasim A.S. commits itself to make utmost efforts in meeting the service standards stated in the present Charter, as well as passenger needs and expectations.
1. Passenger Information
- Passenger information is provided in a clear and proper fashion. Given the opportunities offered by present-day technology, a wide variety of communication means could be employed for meeting passenger information needs.
- Information on schedules and fares as well as other service information can be easily obtained through brochures, on the electronic environment (the internet) or by telephone. It is also possible to receive a prompt reply through the call centers.
- Each station/stop is clearly defined. Up-to-date information on route numbers, destinations and departure times is available at each stop and station.
- Passengers are informed by posting the transport network map, area map, time schedule, opening-closing hours of stations and notices on the information boards located at the stops/stations.
- Route information or line number and signboard are presented on each vehicle. Furthermore, all the concerned staff are charged to provide the necessary information in case of need
- Istanbul Ulasim A.S. makes all cooperative efforts required to ensure the access of passengers to the public transport system. In this regard, particularly the needs of disabled passengers are taken into consideration.
- All stops/stations and vehicles are convenient for the access of disabled passengers.
- Electronic tickets, tokens and electronic cards required for travel can be obtained at the stops/stations as well as in the vendor kiosks situated at various locations around the city.
3. Maintenance, Repair and Cleanliness of Vehicles
- Istanbul Ulasim A.S. properly maintains the organization and cleaning of vehicles and facilities falling under its area of responsibility, and also performs as well as improves their maintenance-repair activities
- In case of equipment failures disrupting or affecting riding comfort, Istanbul Ulasim A.S. informs its passengers about such equipment at specified places.
4. Reliability and Punctuality
- Public transport services require strict compliance with the schedules announced. In case factors do arise potentially affecting the punctuality and reliability of the rendered services, necessary information on the matter as well as alternative solutions are promptly announced.
5. Passenger Safety and Security
- For Istanbul Ulasim A.S., the safety of its passengers is the first priority, and it undertakes all necessary measures to this effect.
- As part of its responsibilities, Istanbul Ulasim A.S. provides high level of security in accordance with the rights and privacy of individuals.
- In ensuring passenger safety and security, it also provides well-trained staff and necessary technological equipments.
- As a precaution, all passengers and drivers are covered by personal accident insurance against any potential accident
6. Riding Comfort
- For a high-quality riding comfort, adequate air-conditioning, lighting and ventilation are provided inside the vehicles. In order to ensure riding comfort, drivers are periodically subjected to training sessions for advanced driving techniques.
7. Customer Demands and Complaints
- Passenger feedback is highly encouraged to enhance service quality. Assessing the comments and suggestions of actual and potential passengers, Istanbul Ulasim A.S. adopts improving measures that will meet passenger demands at the optimum level
- Responses to customer demands and complaints are offered maximum within a week, and necessary enquiries and arrangements are made to this effect.
- Customers are duly informed about when the complaint will be resolved or the reason why it cannot be resolved.
- Passengers can contact the Call Center about the articles lost in the stations and vehicles.
8. Environmental Impacts
- In order to keep environmental impacts under control, all solid, liquid and gaseous wastes generated during the maintenance and failure-recovery of vehicles are disposed of, recycled and reused in accordance with the environmental legislation.
- Awareness about environmental impacts is raised among all the staff through regular training sessions.
- In the cleaning of the stations and vehicles, we prefer biodegradable substances without any hazard to the environment and human health.
- Energy-saving fluorescents and bulbs are used in the lighting of stations. The wastes generated in these areas are dispatched to environmentally certified companies to be disposed of so as to prevent causing any harm to the ozone layer.
- The emission performance of station ventilation shafts are regularly checked through measurements, and pollutant gases are released to the atmosphere only after a filtering process.
- Through noise and vibration measurements, effective measures are taken to eliminate or minimize noise pollution generated due to operations.
Our Expectations from Passengers
- In order for us to offer public transport services at the quality and standards set forth in the present Charter, we expect our passengers to take the following points into consideration.
- Passengers are required to use electronic tickets, cards or tokens during their trips and present their travel cards to the staff in charge when necessary.
- Please do not litter the stops/stations and vehicles.
- According to the Anti-Smoking Law no. 4207, it is prohibited to use any tobacco products inside public transport vehicles, waiting lounges and at stations/stops.
- Please act responsibly and respectfully towards the staff and other passengers, without speaking loudly, and listening to music players loudly to disturb other passengers.
Playing live music in station areas and vehicles is subject to permission.
- Please do not enter the stations or vehicles with combustible, explosive and flammable substances.
- Please inform the drivers or other staff about the damages or urgent need for cleaning to arise at the stations or inside the vehicles.
- Please do not get on the public transport vehicles with luggage weighing more than 30 kg, or exceeding the dimensions 120 X 50 X 60 cm.
- In case of emergency cases in stations or stops (suspicious packages, emergency health problem, falling on the tracks), please inform the nearest staff accordingly.
- Please present your cards (discount and free pass in particular) to the staff in charge during your pass.
- Pets are not allowed in the stations or trains, except for:
- Guide dogs accompanying visually impaired passengers
- Small pets in cage (excluding predatory, venomous etc. animals which may harm the passengers if released)
- Passengers with bicycles can only travel during off-rush hours (except for 07:30-09:30 and 16:00-20:30), paying an extra fare for the bicycle.
Measurement of Services
- In order to enhance the quality of public transport services, the articles set forth in the present Charter are measured through mystery shopper surveys and customer satisfaction surveys conducted either online (on the internet) or by the concerned staff.